Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic for your law firm and your clients: a positive outlook
Share this program:
April 2, 2020
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
This program will take you how to navigate the COVID-19 Pandemic for your law firm and how to communicate with your clients, keep busy and stay positive.
Agenda/topics to cover:
1. Introduction: summary of court closures and most up to date orders including resources to utilize to find out updated information.
2. Maximizing resources: how to utilize lawyers and staff remotely while keeping limited in-house staff in accordance with CDC guidelines
3. 10 ways Plaintiff’s lawyers can use this time productively for their practice
4. Staying connected with clients, messaging and
5. Working with defense counsel during the pandemic
6. Cook County Update and Q&A:
a. How to implement the Cook County Order for your cases
b. Interpretation of the current order
c. How to use the order in a positive way
i. Filing complaints
d. The “grey zone”
e. Q&A and suggestions
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.